Inspirational Outdoor Learning
We believe in the importance of learning through first-hand experience, learning by doing, exploration and play and work to promote the development of the whole child.
- Day visits
- Regular Forest School style sessions
- Mobile Animal Encounter Service – we come to you
Our visits are:
- Led by experienced and knowledgeable staff
- Linked to the National Curriculum
- Bespoke to meet your requirements
We work with:
- Primary Schools
- Secondary Schools
- Special Educational Needs
- Community Groups – uniform groups, youth groups and play schemes
We are open all year round, presenting the opportunity to experience different seasons on the farm. With our collection of rare breed farm animals – from poultry to cattle – there’s plenty of hand-on activities for school groups.
Our nature trail provides opportunity to discover our native flora and fauna with a variety of habitats including hedgerows and wildflower meadow. A guidedhttp://greendragonecofarm.co.uk/family/green-dragon-nature-trail/ walk equips the children as Nature Detectives, track down evidence of the birds and mammals that call the farm home.
We’re committed to showing our visitors where their food comes from – and that’s where our Walled Garden and Orchard come in. Children can sow seeds or harvest fruit and vegetables, whilst learning about healthy eating.
Health & Safety
All visit leaders will be provided with a visit information pack including our risk assessment and health and safety information prior to their visit. Upon booking teachers are invited to visit the farm free of charge, to view the site and carry out their own risk assessments if they require.
- Coach Parking.
- Storage area for lunches.
- Indoor and outdoor picnic space.
- Large events room with projector and wifi.
- Gift shop and pre-order souvenir goody bags.
- Catering for groups providing healthy, locally sourced lunches and snacks.
- A designated member of staff to ensure the smooth running of your day.
Want to Know More?
Contact us to receive a list of our topics for your Key Stage, to discuss your requirements, or if you would like to arrange a meeting with our Education Officer.
- Telephone: 01296 670 444 (option 3)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org